Comparison of Glyphs -- OT 630 Reading Check #2

     When we first did the glyph drawings in Foundations last year, I remember having to really reflect on how I felt about my own view of leadership and the leadership traits that I did or did not have.  Now that we are in our second year of OT school and finishing up our didactic portion of this program, my view of leadership has remained somewhat similar but has changed some too.  My thoughts about the following things have remained the same: 

  • I believe leadership is an inborn trait. 
  • I think there is a fairly equal mixture of leaders and non-leaders in the field of OT. 
  • I believe that a person can be a leader without seeing him/herself as one. 
  • I believe self-awareness is vital to effective leadership. 
  • I can think of at least one leader that has had a positive impact on me. 
  • I think technology is an important part of effective leadership in many situations. 
  • I believe creativity and organization are equally important in leadership. 
  • I am indifferent to whether an introvert can be an effective leader. 
  • I believe my thinking about/approach to leadership has changed as a result of what I have learned since starting OT school. 

My thoughts that have changed about leadership are the following: 
  • I think I have had more opportunities to be a leader than most people may age at this point in life. 
  • My style of leadership has changed from a behind the scenes role to a more out-front role. 
  • I do see myself as a leader in some situations. 

     I have truly appreciated the opportunity to complete this glyph drawing activity and see the differences in my opinions on leadership that took place within a year's time.  I attribute some of these changes to leadership positions I filled during the past year and all of the lessons they taught me.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to grow as a leader within OT school and in my future career. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Balance Model (LBM)

Media Project

Neuro Note #1